The iOS devices like Apple’s iPad, iPod touch and iPhone have two buttons namely home and sleep button as shown in the given picture. The home button is at the front of the iOS devices and and the sleep/wake button near the top right-hand corner. Here we will discuss some basic tips and tricks to better use these buttons.
1. Screen Capture
These two buttons in proper combination can be used to capture a screenshot of the iOS devices. You can find details here
1. Hold down the home button
2. Then in next step press the Sleep/Wake/Power button
3. You will observe a little screen flash and a capture sound and that is all you have taken the screens shot.
Find more details here about how to take iPad screenshot.
2. Put your iPad, iPhone and iPod touch to sleep
Just press the sleep button once to put your iOS device to sleep. In order to wake it up again press the same button again.
3. Soft Reset or Restart an iOS device
You can also reset or restart your iOS device using the sleep and wake button. Find the instruction how to soft rest iPad here.
4. How to Close a frozen app
In order to close a frozen app press and hold the sleep button for about 4 seconds until the red slider appears. The screen goes dim but the open app is still visible. Now press and hold the home button until the app is closed.
5. Power off your iPad/iPhone and iPod touch
Press and hold the sleep button until red slider appears. Now slide the slider to turn off your iPad.